What Should You Do After A Car Accident?
Car accidents are frightening and happen in a split second. It is easy to become overwhelmed and not know what to do. Unfortunately, taking the wrong actions after a car crash can harm your health, insurance claim and potential personal injury suit.
At Law Office of Shane R. Kadlec, we have over 20 years of personal injury experience. We can help you navigate this stressful time and provide the trusted guidance you need.
6 Steps To Take After Your Accident
- Contact an attorney: You should reach out to our car accident attorney at the Law Office of Shane R. Kadlec as soon as possible after an accident. Prompt action gives us the best chance for success as we gather necessary evidence and file a claim.
- Do not admit fault: Even a simple apology at the scene of an accident can be interpreted as acceptance of fault for the accident. This can significantly impact your claim and ability to recover just compensation.
- Remain calm and stay on the scene: As soon as you are hit, pull over to a safe location.
- Take photos of the car accident: Use your cellphone to take pictures of your vehicle and any other autos involved in the collision. Also, photograph injuries at the scene. Pictures of the crash site can help your attorney prove liability.
- Exchange information: Even if the accident is minor, exchange information with the other driver. Get names, addresses, phone numbers and insurance information. If you suspect the other driver is intoxicated, however, do not engage the person.
- Call the police: Call the police and have them file an official report. You should also check to see if anyone is hurt. If anyone is injured, ask the police to send an ambulance. If first aid is necessary and you are able to provide it, you should do so.
Contact Us Today For A Free Consultation
We are ready to help after a serious car accident. We can investigate the evidence of your case, determine liability and explain whether you should file a personal injury claim.